- Neurology Center
- Eye Clinic
- サミティヴェートシーラチャー病院 内科
- Samitivej Allergy Institute
- Occupation Medicine Center
- Beauty Institute
- Digital Replantation
- Rehabilitation Center
- Orthopedic Center
- Surgery Center
- Kidney Center
Samitivej Allergy Institute
Building C, 2nd Fl.
038-320300 ต่อ 4222-4
Samitivej Allergy Institute
at Samitivej Sriracha Hospital
Allergies are on the rise all around the globe, including in Thailand. A decade ago, the rate of asthma among children in Bangkok was 4.2 percent. Today, that figure has increased to 13 percent and continues to rise. Another common respiratory allergy, sinusitis, is now present in 20 percent of the local population. Meanwhile, more and more people are showing signs of food allergies, some of them severe enough to be life-threatening.
Several factors are contributing to the dramatic increase in respiratory allergies in Thailand. Air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, dust from the streets, cigarette smoke, industrial plants and vehicle exhaust from Bangkok’s congested roads all add to the disturbing trend.
Changes to the local lifestyle have also exacerbated the problem. Traditional Thai homes are open to the surrounding air and natural environment. In contrast, many contemporary, Western-style homes are poorly ventilated and contain pets and carpets filled with dust and mold. All this ensures that inhabitants are continually inhaling a steady stream of allergens, thereby stimulating the body to produce antibodies.
Our highly trained team of specialists at Samitivej helps provide accurate diagnoses for respiratory and other allergies, as well as fast treatment for immediate relief.
We are experienced in the treatments regarding pediatric allergy concerns, such as:
- Allergic rhino conjunctivitis
- Chronic rhinitis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Cow milk protein allergy
- Single or multiple food allergy
- Drug allergy
- Fire ant or hymenopthera hypersensitivity
- Primary immunodeficiency
- Treated by professional and certified allergy and immunity systems specialist
Modern facilities and laboratories
- Allergen specific IgE
- Skin prick test
- Immunoglobulin level : IgG IgM IgA IgE
- Cell-mediated immunity
- Pulmonary flow rate
- Peak expiratory flow rate
- Challenge test
Accurate and specific treatments of disorders through medication.
Furthermore, there are specific treatments for allergies and immunity systems disorders, such as:
- Graded food challenge test to restore immunity to patients and provide treatments to patient to be able to consume certain food without experiencing allergic reactions
- Immunotherapy to help ease or relieve patients of allergic reactions
- IVIG replacement treats humoral immunity systems in patients with immunodeficiency conditions